Thursday, July 2, 2009

Plan E

Yes, E.

I was talking to Lynda on the phone this evening, around 10:30, and an unfamiliar number beeped in. I thought to myself, "I bet this is the hospital calling to confirm our appointment to be induced tomorrow morning at 5am. (because don't they always make those calls late at night?) Surely they are not calling to tell us not to come in at 5am." As it turns out, they were calling to tell us not to come in at 5am tomorrow morning.

I went into the bedroom to inform Craig of Plan E, as dictated by Methodist Willowbrook, and I completely fell apart. Craig kept it together so I could have a breakdown. He's a rock.

I was told they would call us when they have availability tomorrow. She said the hospital discharge time is 10am, so maybe we'll get a call around that time. Who knows? I'm so glad we received a good report from the non-stress test today, so we can at least relax about Clint's health and safety.

The contractions I was having have eased up in frequency and intensity. I'm not sure what that means, but Clint is still moving around in there, so I'm not going to worry about it. Hopefully, that just means that I can get a good night's rest tonight. (I actually just called a nurse at the hospital to ask about it, and she said since my contractions had not been consistently 5 minutes apart for two hours at any point, the change in frequency is nothing to be concerned about - Whew! Sleep it is!!!)

So tomorrow, we wait. What a rollercoaster of a week! Our families have been so supportive and have done well to keep us busy during those times when our plans had been cancelled. Tuesday night, we had dinner with Trent and Rachel, and then played Monopoly till all hours of the night. Last night, we went out with Craig's parents for dinner, and by chance, we ran into Stacey, Parris and Ashlee, so we had a whole family dinner! Today, Jenn spent the day with me - Craig went in to work for a little while after our appointment this morning - and then John and Trey and my parents came over to spend some time this evening.

We really hope we get to meet and hold our little boy tomorrow!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I don't even know what to say...except hang in there! He will come out soon, I just know it! Also, I think now is a great time to start deducting from your dr.'s bill for personal inconvenience and emotional trauma!