Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Plan D

So today was fun. We went to the hospital at 2pm, as we were instructed. When we got there, we went to the nurse's station to check in, so we gave our name, and the nurse kinda had this "oh no" look on her face. She said our doctor was supposed to call me, to which I replied, "Oh, do we need to come back later?" She said we were on the schedule for Friday morning at 5am.

I don't know if our doc was supposed to call us or not, but truth be told, it was only a couple of hours between the time we left the doctor's office and the time we were supposed to be at the hospital, and one of those hours was lunch. Besides that, our poor doctor is mourning the loss of a close family member, and trying to take care of us at the same time, in addition to all of her other patients, so I don't fault her. It was disheartening to be sent home, but we just kept reminding ourselves that things happen. Evidently, the amniotic fluid was not low enough to be of great concern, or we would have gotten that one last bed at the hospital, but alas...we didn't.

Before we left the hospital, we had to sit down and regroup so we didn't fall apart, and as we were sitting in the waiting room of Labor and Delivery (with my overnight bag), I overheard just enough of a conversation from another family to remind me of how fortunate we are. I don't know what was going on with their situation, but it sounded like there were some concerns, and they could use our prayers. I am uncomfortable at times, but that is the extent of it.

Tomorrow, I am going in for a non-stress test. Basically, they'll hook me up to a monitor, much like they would if I were laboring in the hospital, and just monitor Clint's movements and heart rate for 20-30 minutes, and of course, we had the ultrasound today, so they'll be able to take a good look at how he's doing in there. Jenn is going with me, so that should be fun!!! I told Craig he might as well go to work...if he wanted to...so he's going to try to put in a full day and get some things taken care of, rather than waiting around. Jenn can wait around with me! Thanks Aunt Jenn!!!!

So unless these contractions pick up and register at a Category 5, we'll wait for Friday morning, and do it the good ol' fashion chemical way!!!

On the plus side, Friday is July 3rd, which is my Dad's birthday, so IF we actually get into the hospital, and IF it doesn't take more than 3/4 of a day to make things happen, then Clint and Papa Doug will share a birthday! And if Clint is really stubborn, then maybe he can share a birthday with Grandma Ruth (July 9th). Ha ha ha!!!

1 comment:

Matthew, Nikki, Luke and Lily said...

You are amazing! We'll be praying that things go smoothly for you from here on out :)