Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Plan C

"Plan A" was to go into labor on my own within a few days of my due date. Not likely, given my family history, but it was worth a shot.

"Plan B" was to be induced today. We were on standby at the hospital, so as soon as some other family took their new member home, we could come in and be induced. But, unfortunately, my doctor had a death in her family, so she had to be away. Evidently, it was very unexpected, and I feel sad for her. I'm sure her family would appreciate prayers of comfort. We were still on standby at the hospital, but the doctor on call was not able to fit me into his schedule, so we were not able to induce today. The nurse did not have the July call schedule yet, so we could not make any plans for tomorrow yet. She said she would see what information she could gather and call us today with the new plan.

So here is "Plan C": We have an appointment tomorrow with our doctor at our doctor's office. We will have another ultrasound, and we'll get checked out. That's all we know for sure at this point. We are HOPING that the ultrasound will reveal that Clint is perfectly fine, but big enough that he needs to be delivered sooner rather than later. He measured at 8 lbs, 12 oz on Friday, so odds are he is bigger now... We are a tad bit concerned about availability at the hosptial, due to the upcoming holiday weekend, especially since we were only on standby the first time around. The nurse told me that since we are past the due date already, the further we get into this week, the more of a priority we become at the hospital. I'm hoping after our appointment, they'll just send us over to the hospital, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I've been having contractions since Sunday night, but they have not followed a pattern of any kind. I'd like to assume they are doing something, but who knows??? Yesterday, my mom and I went to the grocery store, and today, Craig and I went to the mall to walk for a while. We're just waiting, and trying to have fun in the meantime. We have dinner plans tonight with Trent and Rachel. Then, we'll just see what the doctor says tomorrow!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I totally feel for you Steph!! Hopefully those contractions will keep on coming and they won't have a choice about admitting you. I have heard that doctors get "dr. guilt" when they tell you something will happen and then it doesn't. And then they try to assuage that guilt by doing everything they can to help you. Hopefully for you that means a baby tomorrow! Hang in there :)