Sunday, June 28, 2009

Family Camp South (FCS)

I am a big supporter of Family Camp with our church family, but since I was due the weekend of Family Camp, we didn't get to go. It was a really hard decision to make, or rather to accept, I suppose. I guess we could have, since we still don't have a baby, but I have a feeling that as much good as we would have gotten out of Family Camp, I probably would have been fairly uncomfortable. Jenn, John and Trey stayed in town, too, in anticipation of Clint's arrival. We were disappointed that we were going to miss all the fun, so I planned a party at Jenn and John's house. We called up a couple of other families that had wanted to go to Family Camp, but weren't able, and had a fun evening. We played some Guitar Hero, ate some good food, and...YES, we even had s'mores!!! Harry and Trey had fun playing together. Hayes and Clint would have played together, had Clint decided to be born yet, but Hayes played with the big boys this time.

We were glad to have something fun planned for the weekend, since there was no hospital trip for us. I was almost hoping that if we made plans, they would be interrupted, but that didn't happen, and we had fun with friends anyway! Thanks to the Oliverios for opening up their home for Family Camp South!!! (If we missed anyone who couldn't go to Family Camp, I'm sorry.)

We are looking forward to Family Camp next year when Clint will be big enough to play!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

AWESOME! So glad you guys got to have "FCS", of course we wished you guys, the Oliverios, Davis' and Hendricks would have been able to be at FC with us, but sounds like you guys had a great alternative!