Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rookie Mistake #2

Clint took a solid 25 minute nap in Wal-Mart this morning, and woke up happy. When we got home, Clint played on the playmat in the living room while I unloaded the groceries. Shortly thereafter, I fed him and got him ready for his nap. I am happy to report that I was able to put him in his bed drowsy, but awake, and he went to sleep! He had been sleeping for a good hour when my paranoia kicked in. Surely, Clint couldn't be resting peacefully, so I decided to check on him. Sure enough, he was asleep and happy (I suppose). By the time I made it back downstairs, he was awake and fussing a little bit. Now, the book I am reading about child/baby sleep says a well rested child will wake up happy. Clint was not a well rested child. He scowled at me when I went back in his room. I knew he needed - and really wanted - to go back to sleep, but he was having trouble. After putting the pacifier back in his mouth a few times, I finally picked him up. He fell back asleep, so I put him in his carseat right beside me so I could monitor his waking up. He was in and out for about half an hour, and then he woke up happy.

The moral to this story: If it sounds like he is sleeping soundly, trust God that he is, and let him sleep!!!

No comments: